Friday, February 13, 2009

to the cross i must go

And then He speaks. I might be easily identified as obsessed with the things I do. I just like to call it on-top of things. I can't let go of the most spirit-filled place I have ever been - FBCSA. My time at First Baptist Church SA was by far the most rewarding. I know that nothing happens independent of our Lord. . . Many years ago I sang this song with the choir and heard God clearly when I saw they would be singing it this Sunday. . . No one at that church knows the road which I am walking at this moment - I keep some things to myself and those closest here BUT He knows that I need to go, "To The Cross."

A place inside my spirit beckons from a hill,
Sometimes I choose to visit, sometimes against my will.
I take the long and sloping road while underneath a heavy load;
And driven by a prayer I go to the cross.
Whenever I resist it I am not at rest;
It hovers there inviting me to be a humble guest.
I need it daily, this I know. So, with my selfish tears in tow,
And with my fighting fears, I go to the cross.
And there I lay them down for the Savior‟s love;
Because He gave His flawless life, I take it up.
And so I will determine this cross to be my friend,
And I will bear it in my heart until my pride is dead.
Part of me will tell it "no", but Christ was there before me
So I‟ll follow faithfully and go to the cross.
When I survey the wondrous cross on which the Prince of Glory died,
My richest gain I count but loss, and pour contempt on all my pride.

No comments: